pornjk, pornsam, xpornplease, joyporn, pornpk, foxporn, porncuze, porn110, porn120, oiporn, pornthx, blueporn, roxporn, silverporn, porn700, porn10, porn40, porn900
Sri Lanka Is Preparing To Mass-Produce The World’s First Graphene-Applied Lead-Acid Battery 
Posted 19,January

By Chaveendra Dunuwille

In Local News

Listen to the Article

 625 views

The Sri Lanka Institute of Nanotechnology (SLINTEC) and the LOLC Group are getting to tap into Sri Lanka’s vast graphene reserves by commissioning Ceylon Graphene Technologies (CGT). 

Through CGT, Sri Lanka hopes to mass-produce the world’s first graphene applied lead-acid battery through a plant that is said to commence operations in April. The LOLC Group, which invested $2 million in CGT, has a controlling stake of 85%, while SLINTEC holds the remaining 15% of the company. 

According to Manju Gunawardana, CEO of CGT, Associated Battery Manufacturers (Ceylon) Ltd, a subsidiary of Exide Technologies, one of the world’s leading battery manufacturers, agreed to purchase 50% of the plants monthly graphene output when it is commissioned. 

ABM is the current market leader in automotive and industrial batteries. 38.5% of the company is held by the LOLC group via its subsidiary Browns & Company, while the US-based Exide has a controlling interest of 61.5%. 

CGT will be able to produce 3.6 tons of graphene derived from graphite sources located in Kahatagaha, Bogala, and Ragedara. These mines contain some of the purest graphite in the world. 

According to CGT’s research, lead-acid batteries with graphene have a 300% change in acceptance improvement and a 200% cycle life improvement. CGT also expects returns for production within 8-9 months. 

SLINTEC CEO Heminda Jayweera also noted that $500,000 would be allocated annually to research and develop graphene-related applications. Furthermore, CGT plans on consolidating itself as one of the world’s top five graphene manufacturers.